One of the fears that come with owning a car is having it stolen, misplaced or even hijacked. These fears are understandable because vehicles are expensive and valuable, no one would want to lose a car he/she spent so much to get. The tendency of having a car stolen exists in every part of the world, South Africa inclusive.
PLEASE Follow us on Instagram> Follow us Here @carmartNigeria
But what can you do to stop your car from being stolen? Or what can you do to recover your car if it gets stolen or hijacked? If you have no answers to the above, then it’s important you know about car trackers and why they are important in South Africa.
Meaning Of Car Trackers
Basically, car trackers are electronic devices installed on a vehicle to allow the owner or a third party to locate the vehicle at any given time. Car trackers make use of Global Positioning Systems (GPS) satellites to gather relevant information about your vehicle’s location. In addition to GPS, car tracking systems also integrate the use of communications components such as cellular or satellite transmitters to communicate the vehicle’s location to a remote user.
BUY top trending Car Accessories in Nigeria, visit > CARFANZY NOW
Car tracking systems are composed of two essential parts which are: the hardware and the software. The hardware component is the car tracker/device itself which can be installed in different parts of the car such as the ignition switch, battery and antennae. The software component is the vehicle tracking software that stores vital data like GPS location, speed, and heading and sends it via cellular or satellite transmitters to the cloud or a computer or web system for monitoring and evaluation.
Importance Of Car Trackers In South Africa
Now that you know what car trackers are, it’s important you know why need one in your vehicle (s) in South Africa:
- It ensures effective fleet management and monitoring of company drivers.
- Some vehicle tracking systems by companies in South Africa are also able to provide information about fuel consumption and speeding levels. This knowledge can help you make decisions that will reduce running costs by specifically targeting those who speed and waste fuel.
- With GPS vehicle trackers installed on vehicles in South Africa, you get to enjoy discounts offered by insurance companies. This is because insurance companies are assured that your vehicle could be recovered if theft occurs.
- If you want security and a safe means of finding your private car if stolen, installing a vehicle tracking system can hasten vehicle recovery.
- If you are a fleet owner, a car tracker can help you effectively monitor your fleet movement as well as driver behaviours. It helps you with tracking lunch hours, incessant stops and breaks on the way by your workers, and evaluating the overtime requests of workers if true or not.
- Tracking devices help businesses to become more “customer-friendly”.
- The car tracking system is a safe, convenient and reliable means to know your location in unfamiliar areas. You basically need a good phone with an internet connection.
- Vehicle tracking systems provide a means to track the location of your friends and family who are on the road and you can’t reach them.
- It provides easy access to answer location enquiries rapidly and accurately.
- Business owners, especially those involved with logistics, delivery, fleet management etc are more in touch with their business transport operations and see an increase in efficiency, productivity and accountability in their businesses.
- Consequently, it results in more jobs completed per day, reduced journey times, fuel savings and improved customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the location of your workers through car trackers in South Africa can be of significant benefit if that person were to require immediate medical attention.
Cost Of Car Trackers in South Africa
|GPS Tracker – Optimus 2.0 – 4G LTE||$40 ($20/month subscription)|
|Spytec GL300||$40 ($25/month subscription)|
|LandAirSea 54||$30 ( $25/month subscription)|
|Americaloc GL300 MXW||$25/month|
|Logistimatics GPS-Tracking USB Car Charger||$45 ($25/month subscription)|
|Optimus GB100M 4G LTE||$70|
|TKSTAR TK915 GPS Tracker||$25|
|GPSit 1000BZ LTE||$40|
|JimiIoT GV20 3G GPS Tracker||$40|
Owning a car or managing a fleet comes with its risks, especially in South Africa. The fear of having it stolen or mismanaged can be quite worrisome. These reasons and more makes it highly important that you have a car tracker installed on your vehicle.
Save Money Buying Any Car, Use Free Car Price Checker NOW Car Price Checker