If you’re near a busy road take a minute to look up. Check the brands of the first 5 cars that pass by you. I am willing to bet that 3 out of those cars are Toyota brands. It’s not magic. Toyota cars are very common in Nigeria, and for the right reasons. You can get the original Toyota cars at Carmart
Get Car daily gist, Car pricing story, Celebrity Car update on Your WhatsApp Join Now
Furthermore, Toyota has different car types to satisfy the various needs of the people. There are Sedans, SUVs, pick-up trucks, and some others. Also, you’ll find those that are meant for luxury and those that are more work oriented.
You’ll find the Top 4 Toyota car models in Nigeria and their prices here in this article.
Learn how to Code, and build any Website, Start working with Google, Facebook and other Tech companies > Register now
The Top 4 Toyota Car Models
Toyota Corolla is arguably the most popular Toyota car model here in Nigeria. Almost everything about the Corolla sequence is appealing to the eyes.
Firstly, the exteriors are usually awe inspiring. Their sleek looks and colour options are sure to attract attention.
A look into one of the latest Corolla models would expose you to a compelling view. The cabin is big enough to fit just about anyone, while still being compact enough to place all controls at arm’s reach. The air conditioned interior also make the model comfortable to be in.
Furthermore, Corolla models are optimized for safety and performance. The brake discs are ventilated and the gears are optimized for smooth shifts uphill and downhill. Smart sensors are ready to deploy the airbag at high impacts.
Price of Toyota Corolla
- Brand New: N4,500,000 – N9,000,000
- Foreign Used(Tokunbo): N1,700,000 – N18,000,000
- Nigerian Used: N850,000 – N15,000,000
Please note that these are the generic prices of all Corolla models
Here’s another model that competes with the Corolla when it comes to popularity in Nigeria. Hitting the roads of Nigeria for the first time in 1982, the Camry sequence is known for its durability and reliability. From the sleek aesthetics of the exterior alone, you would find yourself in awe of this model.
It gets even better with the interior which has luxury written all over it. There’s a lot of space in the interior for passengers to maximize their comfort.
In addition, the Camry sequence features S series gas engines, known for their reliability and durability. The sequence also boasts of the fuel efficiency, and strong grips that are characteristic of Toyota vehicles. In all, the Camry sequence is a superb one.
Price of Toyota Camry
- Brand New: N6,000,000 – N13,000,000
- Foreign Used(Tokunbo): N700,000 – N18,000,000
- Nigerian Used: N300,000 – N10,000,000
Please note that these are the generic prices of all Camry models
The Hilux is one of the most popular work-oriented and heavy duty pick-up trucks in Nigeria. You will often find the Hilux sequence to be owned by organizations more than individuals. This is because of its versatility and reliability.
Firstly, it possesses the basic qualities of Toyota brand, such as low fuel consumption and great performance on all Nigerian roads. The rugged and robust physique alone testifies to the strength of the vehicle while it’s interior looks just as sleek and luxurious as the two models mentioned above.
Safety-wise, the Hilux sequence is a commendable one. The wide tyres assure strong grips, the brake discs are ventilated, and the build materials are tough and durable.
Price of Toyota Hilux
- Brand New: N17,000,000 – N25,000,000
- Foreign Used (Tokunbo): N2,500,000 – N18,000,000
- Nigerian Used: N1,500,000 – N12,000,000
Please note that these are the generic prices of all Hilux models, Official Disclosure Of 2021 Toyota Hilux Pick-Up
SUVs are great for individuals, families, and even organizations. This versatility makes the RAV4 sequence one to envy. The first of its kind was manufactured in 1994 and it has quickly gained popularity since then.
The RAV4 is manufactured in different editions, such as the limited, hybrid and adventure editions. Furthermore, this sequence possesses features that place it among the best and most widely used in Nigeria. In looks, performance, design and functionalities, the RAV4 is undoubtedly a top Toyota model in Nigeria.
Price of Toyota RAV4
- Brand New: N20,000,000 – N25,000,000
- Foreign Used(Tokunbo): N3,500,000 – N18,000,000
- Nigerian Used: N1,500,000 – N10,000,000
Please note that these are the generic prices of all RAV4 models, Prices Of Toyota RAV4 In Nigeria – Reviews From 1996 – 2020
Reasons for the popularity of Toyota cars in Nigeria
- Toyota cars are great for Nigerian roads. Don’t even get me started on the quality of our roads in Nigeria. Of course, there are those that are so smooth, you could drive a Lamborghini through it without risks of damaging the car. However, not many roads would respect a Lambo. Toyota took advantage of this to manufacture cars that can thread Nigerian roads with minimal damage. That’s one reason for their popularity in Nigeria.
- Toyota cars are relatively cheap. Between this reason and the first one, I don’t know which one an average Nigerian Toyota car owner would say if you asked them why they use the car. With Nigeria being a third-world country, very expensive car brands would find it hard to gain a lot of customers. However, Toyota cars are not only great for Nigerian roads, they are also friendly with Nigerian pockets.
- Low Fuel Consumption. “Toyota no dey chop fuel”. That was what my friend told me when I asked him why he loved Toyota brands. Fuel itself is a precious commodity here in Nigeria. Trust me, a car that consumes a lot of fuel would find it hard to compete with low fuel consuming brands like Toyota in this country.
- This last reason is an unpopular one but It’s still valid. Nigeria, like many other countries, has some standards that guide the emission of gases into the atmosphere. Since Toyota cars do not break these emission standards, they are legally safe for Nigerian roads.
- Why Toyota Cars Sale More In Nigeria Than Other car Brands
- Korede Bello Biography, Net Worth & Cars in 2020
- Top 10 Easiest Cars To Maintain And Repair In Nigeria(
- Meet The All New 2021 Corolla Cross
- Best cheapest SUV cars to Buy for N5 million or Less
- Cost of customized plate number in Nigeria
- How to transform your car to a great home office
- Cost Of Clearing Cars In Nigeria 2020 – Guide and process
- Mercedes Benz Cars Selling Below 1 Million Naira
- Toyota cars below 1 million Naira in Nigeria 2020 – updated
BUY AND SELL CARS NOW FOR FREE - visit www.carmart.ng Get started
Follow us on Instagram @CarmartNigeria