The word ‘sedan’ is not dead yet and there is nothing to worry about because it would not be dying anytime soon. Crossovers might be the latest trends but it is not just only about that because the automotive industry lives and dies by trends. It was station wagons in the 1970s and into the 1980s, minivans from the 1980s and into the 1990s when everyone was complaining about SUVs.
Get Car daily gist, Car pricing story, Celebrity Car update on Your WhatsApp Join Now
Yet, the sedan has survived through all these and, if anything, flourished as car companies have had to work hard to keep them relevant and interesting. It looks like 2022 is going to be a great year for the sedan as much of the current generation is choosing not to buy a crossover, removing the choices of its parents just as the generations before it did. This article talks about the coolest sedans that would be available in 2022 in Nigeria.
Coolest Sedans For 2022 In Nigeria
- Hyundai Elantra N: Hyundai’s approach to development mainly consists of poaching BMW’s best and brightest engineers and designers, which is starting to pay off for the automaker and the most of us in Nigeria. The Elantra is a great car, but if you want some genuine excitement in your life, the N-badged performance version is truly the best. It comes with a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine that produces 276 horsepower and is delivered with urgency and supported by 289 pound-feet of torque. The suspension is tuned and there is an electronic limited-slip differential added. The brakes incredibly good. The final note is that the Elantra N has the ability to go around corners way faster than you would expect and for a price of N15.8 million that will only help keep the smile on your face. Best of all is that it has an option for a manual transmission.
- BMW M5 CS: When BMW is not trying to be all things to all people, it can still make the most creative of automobiles that would make automotive journalists reach for the phone and start begging for a press car loan. With its 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 that produces 627 horsepower, the BMW M5 CS is currently BMW’s most potent offering while also being lighter and stiffer than the regular M5 Competition. You cannot just buy an M5 just for the ability to slay supercars at the track while carrying two extra doors. Inside, the M5 CS is BMW’s purest take on sporting luxury and has all the tech to back it up that you could possibly want. The price of this vehicle is N40 million.
- Mercedes-Benz EQS: If you want a Mercedes S-Class with all its luxury and technology but never want to visit a fuel station again, then you will really like the Mercedes-Benz EQS. Just like an S-Class, it has the same features Mercedes should have trademarked by now and is powered by two electric motors producing 516 horsepower and 631 pound-feet between them. The list of technology is mind-blowing. The main features that stand out include the rear-axle steering system that makes the long sedan chuck u-turns like a compact car, 56 inches of screen real estate on the inside, a Burmester 3D surround sound system, and an optional augmented reality head-up display. It also has a starting price of N49.9 million, which is less than an S-Class.
- Honda Civic Si: The Civic coupe is long gone, and we wish it rests in peace. Well, this will be before its inevitable resurrection with an electric drivetrain. In the meantime, a new generation of Civic means that a new generation of Si is on the way, and it promises to be great. the thing that captures the Civic Si to customers are all the comfort and affordability but it also comes with enough tweaks to make an enthusiast smile when they drive it. The 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine is good and produces 200 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque, and the power is delivered through a short-throw six-speed manual. There is no automatic transmission option available, but there are choice tweaks from the engineers like a new single-mass flywheel to aid throttle response and an eight percent increase in torsional rigidity in the chassis. The price of this vehicle is N11.5 million.
- Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing: The CT5-V Blackwing is an absolute monster of a sedan, but it is likely to be in short supply. It is also likely the last supercharged V8 model Cadillac may manufacture. However, it is getting a super-duper engine with the 6.2-liter supercharged V8 the produces 668 horsepower and 659 pound-feet of torque, and, unlike the German M4 and M5, it comes in rear-wheel-drive only. The CT5-V Blackwing will hit 60 mph in 3.4 seconds with the automatic transmission installed and is not restricted when in full speed. Cadillac has not told anyone the exact top speed but they are happy to let it slip with over 200 mph. The unspoken words are that the Cadillac is faster than its other German rivals. The price of this car is expected to be N35 million.
- Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio: This is a sedan that can go toe-to-toe with a BMW M3 and possibly win and even more, it comes in style and less reliability. The 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 engine delivers 505 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque, and it is eye-popping quick, as is the transmission because it snaps through its shifts. In terms of chassis, the balance is close to being perfect, and the tuned active suspension is a work of art. It is a delight of a car, and now it has fixed the few years of problems being ironed out. The price falls at N38 million.
- Audi RS3: The new 2022 RS3 sedan arrives a bit wider and a bit longer, with upgraded technology, more efficiency under the hood, and a complete departure in styling from 2021’s model. The new RS3’s balance across the board is captivating but also the unbalanced and decidedly unhinged model. It looks spectacular, and the entry-level RS model packs a turbocharged 2.5-liter inline-five cylinder engine that produces 394 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque, which comes fully on tap at 2,250 rpm and stays there up to 5,600 rpm. The model can run from 0 mph to 62 mph in 3.8 seconds, and the chassis can be upgraded with the RS Dynamic package (including a drift mode) and ceramic brakes as well as adaptive suspension with active dampers. The ballistic performance market is small and all German, not to mention made up chiefly of the Mercedes-AMG CLA 45, which would not look anywhere near as good elsewhere. The price of this vehicle falls at N32 million.
- Porsche Panamera Turbo S: Porsche is going from strength to strength with its Panamera sedan and to be straightforward, the German automaker is not joking around. The Panamera Turbo is a supercar with four doors. Porsche says the twin-turbo V8 that produces 620 horsepower and 604 pound-feet of torque takes the Panamera Turbo S to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds. This is not a Tesla with a complicated launch system you can only use intermittently; this is a gas-powered sedan. The Porsche Panamera Turbo S is a stunningly quick car, but it needs a chassis to match. It drives like a big Porsche 911, and that is not bad of a thing. It has that level of precision and enjoyment, but you can carry people in the back comfortably and with luxury-level ride comfort. The price of this vehicle falls at N60 million.
Buying Guide For Sedans In Nigeria
Sedans are good cars. They are a more efficient way to transport four or five passengers, even though SUVs sometimes offer more passenger capacity. The following is a list of buying guides for sedans in Nigeria;
BUY CHEAP IPHONES STARTING FROM N25K, CLEAN UK USED LAPTOPS AT N40K, VISIT > WWW.NAIJAGADGETS.COM
1. Seating: Almost all sedans can accommodate at least four passengers comfortably. Naturally, larger models include lots more head and legroom, especially for the rear-seat passengers.
2. Engines and Fuel Economy: Four-cylinder engines are generally more fuel-efficient than V6 engines, and some of the latest four-cylinder sedans balance fuel efficiency and power very well. Recently, many manufacturers have tried to combine turbocharging with four-cylinder engines to aid efficiency and acceleration. Hybrid systems are now prevalent in nearly every segment—even on luxury models.
3. Cargo Size: Trunk sizes vary widely by model. Some can accommodate a week’s worth of groceries with room still left. Others have weird shapes and high lift-overs that limit their usefulness. Over the past several years, some manufacturers have come out with four-door hatchback designs. This body style comes with a split rear seat design, so one part can be folded for cargo while still allowing someone to sit in the other part.
BUY AND SELL CARS NOW FOR FREE - visit www.carmart.ng Get started