The 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-class is neither the roomiest nor the cheapest, but it is nonetheless a sophisticated and impressively well-built small crossover SUV that should satisfy discerning luxury buyers. It is one of the best examples of a luxury automaker effectively transferring most of its awesome quality and high-end features into a smaller package. This small crossover is freight-train stable at high speeds, and it rides and handles as well as most luxury sedans.
Real Estate is the future, Lean how to make real Cash in Real Estate> Check RealEstateNaija.com
Like most Mercedes-Benzes, the GLK feels like it is built to last for a couple of generations.
The GLK boasts an angular design theme that looks like nothing else in its class and makes it immediately recognisable as a Mercedes-Benz. When it was introduced, the GLK was not all that opulent inside, but a recent makeover brought more luxurious materials as well as a more appealing design for the dashboard and some of the controls.
BUY top trending Car Accessories in Nigeria, visit > CARFANZY NOW
2014 Mercedes-Benz Glk350 Standard Features
Standard features of the 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 include;
- 19-inch wheels.
- Automatic headlights.
- LED running lights.
- Rear privacy glass.
- Roof rails.
- Cruise control.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control.
- Eight-way power front seats.
- Memory and four-way lumbar adjustment for the driver seat.
- MB-Tex premium vinyl upholstery.
- A leather-wrapped tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel.
- A cargo cover.
- Bluetooth phone connectivity.
- The COMAND electronics interface with a 5.8-inch display.
- The mbrace2 emergency communications system and a six-speaker sound system with a CD player.
- An auxiliary audio jack.
2014 Mercedes-Benz Glk350 Performance
The gasoline V6-motivated GLK350 has standard rear-wheel drive, with 4Matic all-wheel drive as an option. All 2014 GLK models come standard with a seven-speed automatic transmission with manual gear-selection capability via steering-wheel paddles.
The GLK350’s 3.5-litre V6 engine produces 302 horsepower and 273 pound-feet of torque. An automatic stop-start system shuts down the engine to save fuel when the car comes to a stop.
During its performance testing, the GLK350 4Matic sped from 0 mph to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds, making it just as quick as the six-cylinder versions of the Audi Q5 and BMW X3. The estimated fuel economy is 21 mpg combined with 18 mpg city run and 25 mpg highway run.
2014 Mercedes-Benz Glk350 Driving
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK350’s V6 engine delivers brisk acceleration that borders on exciting but the diesel engine is truly impressive for its combination of stout pulling power and compact-Carlile fuel economy.
The ride of the GLK350 is mostly supple; although more severe bumps can be felt in the interior cargo, the sharpness of the jolt is nicely absorbed. Some consumers might find the ride quality too firm, but we think the GLK’s crisp, controlled handling more than compensates. For the most part, this Benz’s cabin is quiet, with little in the way of engine, road or wind noise.
2014 Mercedes-Benz Glk350 Interior
From the pleasing finish of the standard MB-Tex upholstery to the wood and metallic accents seen throughout the cabin, the 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class looks and feels like a true luxury vehicle on the inside. Even if there is an inexpensive plastic used in the GLK’s interior, it is certainly not evident.
The use of a steering-column-mounted gearshift lever frees up centre console space, allowing for a spacious storage bin under a sliding panel. This is not only handy but also makes the front seat area feel less crowded.
Cabin controls are a little confusing at first, but the combination of dashboard buttons, steering wheel controls and the multifunction COMAND knob provide a reasonable solution for the operation of the complicated stereo, navigation and phone functions. The climate controls are simple to use but are mounted a little low in the GLK.
Maximum cargo capacity is a rather small 54.7 cubic feet, highlighting one of the few drawbacks of the 2014 GLK350’s packaging. That is significantly less cargo capacity than in most other small crossover SUVs.
2014 Mercedes Benz Glk350 Exterior Features And Colours
The exterior of the 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 is small, according to its compact SUV classification, but that does not mean it lacks presence. It looks a little bit like a shrunken version of the Mercedes larger GL-Class.
The GLK350 comes in the following exterior colour options which include;
- Lunar Blue Metallic.
- Iridium Silver Metallic.
- Mars Red.
- Cuprite Brown Metallic.
- Diamond Silver.
- Diamond White Metallic.
- Polar White.
- Palladium Silver Metallic.
- Obsidian Black Metallic.
How Much Does It Cost To Insure A Mercedes-Benz Glk350?
The cost of insuring a Mercedes-Benz GLK350 depends on a variety of factors, including your budget, the level of coverage that you want, and the type of insurance that you choose. Your age, gender, location and driving record can also have an impact on your insurance rates. What is needed to be done is to check out the car insurance guide of your country to find the best policy for you.
Warranty For The 2014 Mercedes-Benz Glk350
- The Basic warranty: 48 months/50,000miles.
- The Corrosion perforation warranty: 48 months/50,000miles.
- The Powertrain warranty: 48 months/50,000miles.
- The Roadside assistance coverage: 48 months/50,000miles.
2014 Mercedes-Benz Glk350 Safety Features
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 comes standard with features that include;
- Antilock brakes.
- Stability control and traction control.
- Active front head restraints.
- Front side airbags.
- Front pelvic airbags.
- Full-length side curtain airbags.
- A driver knee airbag.
- A driver drowsiness monitor.
- A rearview camera.
- Blind-spot monitoring.
- Lane-departure warning systems are available.
Buying Guide For The 2014 Mercedes-Benz Glk350 In Nigeria
1. Authentic Dealers: The worst thing that could happen to anyone is getting a fake car or a car with fake parts. This can be really frustrating and painful. This is why you should ensure you purchase your car from authentic dealers.
2. Check Engine Parts: Since the engine is used to move the car, it is important you check the engine to ensure it is still okay especially if it is a fairly used model you are getting, so you do not end up being duped. A faulty engine may result in lots of repairs and would render the car useless at a point.
Price Of 2014 Mercedes-Benz Glk350 In Nigeria
|Brand new 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK350||N16 million|
|Nigerian used 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK350||N9.7 million|
|Foreign used 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK350||N13 million|
Save Money Buying Any Car, Use Free Car Price Checker NOW
Car Price Checker