Driving without a license in Nigeria is a grave offence that attracts deplorable punishments, for example, having your vehicle seized, and your vehicle’s specifics or other documentation seized from you. Driving a vehicle in Nigeria is tiresome and impatient, especially in crowded cities like Lagos and Port Harcourt. It helps when drivers out and about are capability authorized to drive. This way to an enormous degree, driving well-being is subject to if drivers have a driver’s license.
Table of Contents
Also Read : How To Verify Vehicle Proof Of Ownership In Nigeria
Drivers are relied upon to renew their driver’s license each three to five years to be qualified to drive on Nigerian streets. In this way, if anytime, you lost your driver’s license, or it has been terminated, you need to get a substitution at the earliest opportunity. In this article, I will provide you with legitimate methods to get your license or recover it without stress if it gets lost.
How To Replace A Lost Driver’s License Legitimately In Nigeria
- Report at the closest police station
- Acquire a police report with the driver’s license number
- Swear a sworn statement at the court
- With a photocopy of the lost driver’s license, go to the FRSC office.
- Continue to MLA or Motor Licensing Authority, to get and finish Form MVA 12.
- Pay the necessary fee of about ₦6000 to the MLA.
- Having done that, the MLA will send the completed form to the FRSC (IPC) for preparation.
- You would then be able to continue to the FRSC Information Processing Center (IPC) for a physical or biometric catch of your identification photo, fingerprints, and afterwards your mark.
- The handled permit is then shipped off MLA for circulation to every effective candidate.
How To Apply For A New Driver’s License Online
The Online Process
- Sign onto FRSC’s Nigeria Driver’s License site.
- Click on DL Application and afterwards select Driver’s license renewal.
- On the following page, you will be needed to input your past permit number and your date of birth.
- At that point search, however, you need to realize that if your permit is terminated for more than 30 days, you can’t surpass this level.
- You will be diverted to the following page where you need to choose restoration alternatives, either — the 3 years permit that costs ₦6,350 or 5 years that cost ₦10,450.
- Scroll down and guarantee that all your profile information is right and forward-thinking, and if not, alter it to go for whatever you might prefer.
- Look down further to a symbol that peruses “handling Office”; note that the past State and the LGA where you at first prepared your past driver’s permit will be consequently chosen
- At that point, click on Submit.
- A preview of your application will be shown to guarantee all information is right prior to continue.
- You can make the choice of paying online, with your Interswitch/Visa or Master card. Luckily, this doesn’t draw in any additional charges.
- When your payment is gotten and affirmed, your Driver’s License Application Acknowledgment Slip will be transferred promptly, with your instalment status and the expiry date of your permit refreshed too.
- You need to make a duplicate of your Application ID from the page.
- At that point, click on Print out your affirmation slip.
- At that point, re-visitation of the route menu or symbol and snap on Track DL Application status.
- At that point, enter your new Application ID and your date of birth.
- Make a duplicate of, or print one duplicate of the Payment Confirmation Slip.
- Then again, you can apply online for the recovery of a lost permit or for a new license if your former one has expired. The online process is simpler and quicker, as the preparation can take you not exactly 60 minutes.
The Physical Process
- Continue to the Processing Office you chose during your online application with a printout of your Driver’s License Application Acknowledgment Slip, a printout of your Payment Confirmation Slip, a copy of your Current driver’s permit, the first duplicate is more prudent, and two ongoing Passport photos.
- Present every one of these reports to the FRSC official at the processing unit.
- At that point, continue to the MVAA (Motor Vehicle Administration Agency) segment where the managing official will affirm or recognize your slip.
- Requirements And How To Get A Tinted Permit In Nigeria
- Cost Of Clearing Cars In Nigeria 2021 – Guide And Process
- Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria
- Steps To Buy Any Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria
- How To Replace A Vehicle Number Plate
- 20 Traffic Offences In Lagos And The Penalties
Save Money Buying Any Car, Use Free Car Price Checker NOW
Car Price Checker
For article removal please email [email protected], for inclusion please email [email protected], You got tips for us email [email protected]
I need drivers licence of Nigeria