In Nigeria, a brand-new car’s initial vehicle information is valid for at least four years, after which time it must be renewed. For thorough information on how to renew the document in Nigeria, it is important you have the right information if you don’t want your car to be impounded the next time you drive it on a public road.
Table of Contents
The Courtsville business solution firm has partnered with the vehicle inspection office (VIO) in Nigeria to improve the registration and vehicle licensing procedures to make them simpler and more enticing for drivers and car owners in the nation.
The Autoreg system delivered the crucial services it promised, and the business has been able to run a reliable database since that time.
Important information regarding car particulars in Nigeria
In Nigeria, a brand-new car’s initial vehicle information is valid for at least four years, after which time it must be renewed. It is clear that this range encompasses the majority of automobiles in the nation. The licensing authorities don’t give license holders a lot of leeway, so automobile owners must update their information a few weeks before it expires. In Nigeria, the following papers make up the vehicle information: roadworthiness certificate, insurance paperwork, and vehicle registration
Most of the renewal process may be completed online; private establishments use this technique to help automobile owners update their information. You have the choice to go through the procedure on your own or use a private licensing help business.
How to update car information in Nigeria
Owners of vehicles in Nigeria who need to renew their vehicle information must be informed of the true cost of obtaining those documents. They also need to be informed of the rules and suitable documentation that the licensing agency will ask for. We will direct you by providing information on the following requirements, expenses, and steps:
Steps to getting vehicle particulars
- Present the expired documentation when you go to a car licensing agency.
- The person helping you must enter the information shown below into the Autoreg car database:
- The name of the car’s owner
- The address of the car’s owner
- Telephone number of the car’s owner
- The email address of the car’s owner
- The telephone number on a driver’s license
- Vehicle identification number
- Issue’s location
- Registration state
- The vehicle’s chassis number and Engine number
- Name and policy number of the insurance company
- Vehicle class
- Automobile capability
The system will calculate the precise amount to be paid after the data entry is complete. The attendant will hand the owner of the automobile a scratch-off card with a PIN number, which serves as a password for the information about the car. The old license’s license number and chassis number information will remain the same on the new license, which will subsequently be made available. The process is an easy one.
The Roadworthiness Certificate Process
- The roadworthiness certificate should be handled at the vehicle licensing office as well. They will ask for an identification card or other document as proof of your identity.
- Make the appropriate choice for the kind of car you’re attempting to obtain the certificate for.
- Fill out the ACR form, Application for Certificate of Roadworthiness.
- You will receive the certificate as soon as they verify your auto insurance, which you may do both there and/or before visiting the licensing office.
Procedures for a car insurance policy
- Select a Nigerian Federal Government-accredited and authorized insurance provider:
- Sign up for a vehicle insurance account on their website by logging in.
- Select the desired insurance class from their available alternatives.
- Pay using a credit card or at a bank.
- The insurance policy paperwork on paper
- You may alternatively delegate this task to the staff at the licensing office; they will require the paper to finish your roadworthiness certification procedure.
The cost of renewing car information in Nigeria
The following are the costs for updating vehicle information for various vehicle types in Nigeria:
- Vehicle registration: 3,500
- Roadworthiness: N5,500
- Insurance policy: N 5,000
- The cost of updating all basic car information: is N13,000.
Frequently Asked Questions
Payment for the new license can be paid at any of the partner banks or online on the application portal at nigeriadriverslicence.frsc.gov.ng.
Yes, you can modify your information, but you must supply the necessary supporting documentation.