Another travelling location many people will be moving to during the Christmas and New-Year period is Benin City. For many Nigerians, Benin is home, and to celebrate the Christmas and new year festivities, many will return to their homes in the Edo state.
Table of Contents
While there are flight services from Lagos to Benin City, Benin is a bit close to Lagos, and many people will prefer going by road. Here are the best bus companies that travel to Benin from Lagos and their prices.
Bus Companies & Their Transport Fare From Lagos To Benin-City
|Bus Company||Lagos To Benin-City Price List|
|God Is Good||₦12,000 – ₦14,000|
|Peace Mass Transit||₦8,000|
|Young Shall Grow Transport||₦9,500 – ₦10,500|
|Ifesinachi Transport Ltd.||₦10,000 – ₦12,000|
Cost Of Transport From Lagos To Benin-City
On average, the transportation cost from Lagos to Benin City is between ₦8,000 to ₦12,000. However, the price increases depending on the company you are using and the location in Lagos you are travelling from.
Travel Routes Description
By road, it takes about 5 hours and 25 minutes to travel from Lagos to Benin City following the Benin-Sagamu expressway. However, the hours can extend depending on the route, traffic, and other brief road stops.
|Traveling From||Lagos, Lagos State|
|Departure Terminal||Jibowu, Lagos|
|Arrival Terminal||Uselu Lagos Road, Benin City|
|Geo-Location of Origin|
|Geo-Location of Destination|
|State From||Lagos State|
|State To||Edo State|
|AC Bus Transport Fare||₦12,000|
|Normal Bus Fare||₦8,000|
|AC Bus Fuel Quantity||85|
|Normal Bus Fuel Quantity||60|
|Estimated Distance||316.7 km|
|Estimated Duration||325 minutes|
Choosing A Bus From Lagos To Benin-City
While travelling by road from Lagos to Benin City, you need to consider certain things before choosing a bus company. Here are some of them.
How convenient the bus makes you feel should be a priority. Book your ticket online is the best way to determine how comfortable a bus will be. Transport companies like GIG state the type of bus you’ll be travelling with. You can then research this bus to know how much head and legroom is allowed.
Lagos to Benin City is already roughly 6 hours, but the bus company you follow might be why you reach your destination on time. Choose a company that follows through shorter routes.
Various companies have different price ranges for transport across Lagos to Benin. So, go for a company that meets your budget need.
- Proximity To Destination
Different bus companies have bus stops in Benin City. Make sure the one you select has a bus stop that’s nearer to your destination. This way, you won’t have to pay extra money to get to your home.
Travel Tips From Lagos To Benin-City
While Lagos to Benin City is not as far as Lagos to the East, almost 5 hours on the road is still a long journey, and here are some helpful tips to follow while travelling on the road for this long.
- Choose a window side seat; they allow you more freedom to entertain your eyes while travelling. However, they are quickly booked. The trick to always getting them is booking your trip two to three days in advance.
- Prepare for changes in weather by carrying a pullover or scarf. They come in handy, mainly when you use transport companies that leave the AC on till they arrive at the bus stop.
- For more legroom, always choose the door-side seats or the seat beside the driver.
- Always carry pain relief like Panadol or Ibuprofen in case you suddenly develop an ache.
- For women, always carry extra sanitary materials, especially during your period. You will need them to change when the driver stops for a brief break.
- Carry your headphones, earpiece, and anything to keep you entertained throughout the journey.
- Make sure your essentials are in a carry-on bag that you keep close to you.
- Avoid putting breakable items inside the bus trunk. They might break before you arrive at your destination.
- Avoid answering calls at checkpoints. Armed officers quickly pick offence with that, which might affect the journey flow.
- Be aware of the journey and keep someone at your destination informed about the journey all through.
Travelling by road from Lagos to Benin City is roughly spending 6 hours on the road, but having a handle on the above-listed tips will make the journey bearable for you.