The BMW X7 has a bolder front end, redesigned dashboard, more technology, and upgraded power. The cabin features BMW’s latest 14.9-inch curved iDrive 8 infotainment display with voice commands and augmented-reality navigation, as well as standard heated front seats and multi-contour comfort seats for the base xDrive40i. Additionally, BMW’s Digital Key Plus (iPhone-as-a-key functionality) is now optionally available on both trims.
Table of Contents
The xDrive40i’s six-cylinder engine is now more efficient, producing 375 hp and 398 lb-ft of torque. The V8 M50i trim is now M60i with an improved powertrain, standard Integral Active Steering, and Active Roll Stabilization. The Alpina XB7 now makes 630 horses. All trims have a redesigned centre console with a smaller gear selector and a new eight-speed automatic transmission with launch control and Sprint function.
- -The interior silence is one of the closest things to a Rolls Royce under $200k. For weighing around 6,000 lbs, it doesn’t drive like a boat thanks to rear steering, active anti-roll bars, and adaptive air suspension.
- -Hey, I disliked the styling at first too and I wouldn’t call it pretty still. But boy does it have a presence and many elements have found soft spots in my heart.
- -Build quality is top-notch and there are true gems amongst the dazzling amount of tech. (Ambient lighting, huge HUD, Driver Assist Pro, Gesture control…)
- -While auto-closing doors are great once in the car, BMW needs to figure out how to better implement the whole process, it feels unfinished, especially when auto-opening.
- -iDrive 8 takes TIME to get used to. Tip: just use the physical control wheel/ gesture controls and you’ll be fine.
- -Visibility was not good. Massive pillars and huge headrests are one thing, but the lack of a digital rear mirror option in Theater mode is a major oversight.
What’s the Price of the 2023 BMW X7 xDrive40i in Nigeria?
The 2023 BMW X7 xDrive40i is the cheapest BMW X7, with its MSRP starting at $77,850 to $125,000, That price rises to a hefty $103,100 when you opt for the V8-powered X7 M60i. How much you end up paying for it will it finally land in Nigeria; fully loaded, the range-topping model will start from ₦180,000,000.