The current Petrol Price in Nigeria today is 166.240/Ltr, The price of octane-95 gasoline is 166.24 Nigerian Naira per liter. For comparison, the average price of gasoline in the world for this period is 456.17 Nigerian Naira.
Get Car daily gist, Car pricing story, Celebrity Car update on Your WhatsApp Join Now
Types of Fuel in Nigeria
Every engine uses a type of fuel specific to its design. Here is a list of petroleum products refined in Pakistan:
- Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG)
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
Major fuel products in Nigeria are Petrol and Diesel because of their massive consumption in the country. Hence, these two resources generate most of the revenue for the Nigerian government.
Petrol Quality in Nigeria
For a long time period of time, NNPC had a supply of low grade petrol in the country while the rest of the world was using finer quality fuel in their automobiles. Even the most undeveloped countries had better quality fuel supplies than Nigeria.
Follow us on Instagram @CarmartNigeria
Fuels For Petrol Engines
Premium Motor Spirit, also known as petrol or gasoline, is used to power internal combustion engines mostly in vehicles and generators. Generated from crude distillation, our PMS consists of organic compounds and additives that enhances engine performance.
- Is compatible with all fuel vehicles.
- Is a superior quality fuel thanks to the additives included in its composition.
The product benefits
- Ensures the long-term cleanliness of the engine’s fuel supply system.
- Allows for easier and faster filling thanks to its anti-foaming additive.
- Helps to prevent rust and corrosion.
Fuels For Diesel Engines
Automotive Gas oil, also known as Diesel, is generated from the crude distillation process and is used to efficiently power internal combustion diesel engines.
Diesel conforms to the following specifications from the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR):
- Specific gravity (@ 60/60°F)
- 1. FBP (OC) 10%
- 2. Recovery (@35°C%wt)
- Diesel index
- Flash point (of)
- Total sulphur (%wt)
- Copper corrosion (3hr @ 100°C) .
- Kinematic viscosity (@1 OO°Fcst)
- Cloud point (oF)
- Carbon residue (Conradson on 10% residue) %wt
- Strong acid number (mg. KOH/g)
- Tobal acid number (mg. KOH/g)
- Ash content (%wt)
- Water by distillation (%Vol.)
- Water by extraction (%wt)
Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA)
Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) established in 2003, is a governmental organization tasked with the responsibility to attain a strong, vibrant downstream sub-sector of the petroleum industry, where refining, supply, and distribution of petroleum products are self-financing and self-sustaining.
PPPRA’s major functions are :
- To determine the pricing policy of petroleum products;
- To regulate the supply and distribution of petroleum products;
- To create an information databank through liaison with all relevant agencies to facilitate the making of informed and realistic decisions on pricing policies;
- To oversee the implementation of the relevant recommendations and programs of the Federal Government as contained in the Report of the Special Committee on the review of the Petroleum Products Supply and Distribution;
- To moderate volatility in petroleum products prices, while ensuring reasonable returns to operators.
To establish parameters and codes of conduct for all operators in the downstream petroleum sector.
BUY AND SELL CARS NOW FOR FREE - visit www.carmart.ng Get started