The cost of clearing a Lexus car in Nigeria can range from ₦350,000 to ₦1,000,000 or more, depending on various factors as the new model year can go as high as millions. One of the primary factors that determine the cost of clearing a car is the value of the car. The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) uses the value of the car to determine the import duty that will be charged. The higher the value of the car, the higher the import duty will be.
Real Estate is the future, Lean how to make real Cash in Real Estate> Check RealEstateNaija.com
Another factor that determines the cost of clearing a Lexus car in Nigeria is the year of manufacture. The older the car, the lower the customs duty and other charges. On the other hand, a newer car will attract a higher customs duty and other charges.
The model and engine capacity of the car can also affect the cost of clearing a Lexus car in Nigeria. Cars with higher engine capacity typically attract higher import duties, excise duties, and other charges. Similarly, certain models of Lexus cars may be subject to higher import duties and other charges than others.
BUY top trending Car Accessories in Nigeria, visit > CARFANZY NOW
Lexus is the luxury vehicle division of the Japanese automaker Toyota. The Lexus brand is marketed in more than 70 countries and territories worldwide and is Japan’s largest-selling make of premium car. It has ranked among the 10 largest Japanese global brands in market value. Lexus is headquartered in Nagoya, Japan.
How To Clear Lexus Cars in Nigeria From NCS
Clearing a Lexus car at a Nigerian port follows the same process as clearing any other car at the port.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Engage the services of a licensed clearing agent: To clear a Lexus car at a Nigerian port, you need to engage the services of a licensed customs clearing agent who is registered with the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS). The clearing agent will handle the documentation, processing, and payment of customs duties and other charges on your behalf.
- Obtain the necessary documents: You will need to provide the clearing agent with the original bill of lading, customs duty assessment, pro forma invoice, and other relevant documents such as the vehicle registration certificate and purchase receipt.
- Pay customs duties and other charges: The clearing agent will calculate the customs duty and other charges applicable to your Lexus car based on its value, year of manufacture, engine capacity, and other factors. You will be required to make payment of these charges to the clearing agent, who will then pay on your behalf to the NCS.
- Obtain clearance from customs: After payment of customs duties and other charges, the clearing agent will submit the necessary documents to the NCS for verification and clearance. The NCS will inspect the Lexus car to ensure that it meets the required standards and issue a clearance certificate if everything is in order.
- Obtain port release: After receiving the clearance certificate from the NCS, the clearing agent will obtain the port release documents, which will allow the Lexus car to be released from the port and transported to its destination.
It’s important to note that the cost of clearing a Lexus car at a Nigerian port can vary depending on several factors such as the year, model, and engine capacity of the car, as well as the exchange rate of the Nigerian Naira against foreign currencies like the US Dollar.
Therefore, it’s important to engage the services of a reliable and experienced clearing agent who can help you navigate the process and ensure that your Lexus car is cleared in a timely and hassle-free manner.
Cost of clearing Lexus cars in Nigeria
The cost of clearing cars in Nigeria is calculated with full customs duty for each vehicle.
In 2014 Nigerian Government increased the Import Duty Tariff to patronise Nigeria’s car manufacturers, Shipping and terminal charges, and clearing agent fees, Clearing Agent fees can be negotiated depending on the type of car and year you intend to clear from the port.
It is not very hard to get the value of your car since you must have been given a receipt of purchase when you bought it. However, since you’ve imported it through Nigerian ports, you’ll need to calculate the naira equivalent based on the prevalent exchange rate.
Also, you’ll need to find out the exchange rate the customs service uses as it differs from what is obtainable in the open market, and it varies with time. You can get this easily from your clearing agent, and then multiply it with your dollar value to get the corresponding naira value.
The cost of clearing cars under the old policy is based on the current value of some popular car brands:
|Year of Manufacture||Clearing Fee for Cars (N)||Clearing fee for SUVs (N)|
|2010||800000||Subject to negotiations|
|2011-2015||Subject to negotiations||Subject to negotiations|
Cost of clearing Lexus ES 330
|2013 – 2020||₦1,400,000 – ₦10,000,000|
Cost of clearing Lexus ES 350
|2012 – 2020||₦1,600,000 – ₦14,000,000|
Cost of clearing Lexus RX 330
Cost of clearing Lexus RX 350
|2012 – 2020||₦1,450,000 – ₦12,000,000|
Cost of clearing Lexus GS 350
|2011 – 2020||₦3,250,000 – ₦12,000,000|
Cost of clearing Lexus IS 350
|2012 – 2020||₦1,600,000 – ₦₦12,000,000|
Cost of clearing Lexus LS 460
|2012 – 2020||₦1,600,000 – ₦12,000,000|
Cost of clearing Lexus LX 570
|2010 – 2020||₦3,100,000 – ₦13,000,000|
Cost of clearing Lexus GX 460
|2010 – 2020||₦3,100,000 – ₦13,000,000|
Save Money Buying Any Car, Use Free Car Price Checker NOW
Car Price Checker