Car Swap – There are a lot of options for purchasing cars in Nigeria. You could buy a car brand new, buy a tokunbo or buy a locally used car, that is, a Nigerian Used car. All these options are viable and popular. However, they all involve paying a lot of money.
There is one car procurement option, however, that does not necessarily have to involve monetary transactions. Yes. You read it right. It is called car swapping, and it is just as simple as the name implies. You have a car, you need a new car, you meet someone that has the car you want, the person is interested in your own car as well, and you swap cars. Simple. Who says you always need money to buy yourself a car?
Car Swapping in Nigeria
Car swapping in Nigeria is a really common thing. Here are some things you should consider before doing a car swap in Nigeria
Should I swap my car?
Well, if you were considering the pros and cons of swapping your car, or you were considering if car swapping is a good decision for you, you have come to the right place. If you fall in any of the categories listed below, you could consider swapping your car.
- You want a change of taste but don’t have enough money for it.
Normally, you are very comfortable with buying all the cars that you want without having to either sell the ones you have or the new ones. But, you know, that might tear a big hole in your pocket, which is totally understandable.
- You need quick cash and you want to do a vehicle downgrade.
If you are in need of some quick cash and you’re thinking of selling your car. But you think deeply about it and you realize that your car is also indispensable to you. You then find yourself in a deadlock: money can’t come in, and your car can’t be sold. A car downgrade is an option that could save you. You could just swap your car for another car of lesser value and some extra bucks.
- You want to do a car upgrade without having to pay much.
As you can see, the way is the way down. As easily as you can do a downgrade, you can do an upgrade too.
- You don’t want to go through the stress of selling your old car and buying a new car.
It could take a lot of time before you sell the car you’re using at the moment and then buy another car. Why don’t you just combine those two time-taking processes into one with car swapping?
Benefits of car swapping
Car swapping wouldn’t be a popular option if it didn’t have its own benefits.
- You can do a car upgrade without spending too much
- A car downgrade is a way to make some quick cash
- Doesn’t take as much time as first selling a car before buying a new one
- You get to enjoy the best of different car brands without having to pay much.
How car swapping works in Nigeria
You may be wondering if there are standardized methods for car swapping without being cheated. That is where car swapping dealers come in. If you had to do it yourself, you may not be able to perfectly evaluate the price and value of your own car or the second party’s car. So how do you go about it?
Make a car swap request
You head to a car swapping dealer or visit their website and request that you want to swap your car. You should be given a form to fill out, where you would enter details about the car you want to swap and the reasons for wanting to swap it. Resist the temptation to lie when filling out these forms because even if you make it through this first step, you would most likely make it through the next step:
Put the car up for inspection
After you have filled out the form, you would be asked to provide the car for inspection. Here, professionals from the car dealership will evaluate your own car. This is going to be tight scrutiny because they wouldn’t want either customer to feel cheated after the car swapping process is done.
Let the swapping begin!
The car dealership provides you with a list of cars that are of equal value to your car. You choose the one you want and the cars are swapped. If you want an upgrade, they give you a list of cars you could upgrade to and how much you would need to pay. The same thing goes for a car downgrade.
- Can I buy a Tesla in Nigeria? Is it going to work?
- Most Expensive Cars Found On The Streets Of Nigeria
- Top Cheap Cars You Can Buy With 3 Million Naira in Nigeria
- Cost Of Clearing Cars In Nigeria 2020 – Guide and process
- Why you should have a Dash Cameras in your car
- Where to Buy Used Cars for Sale by Owner in Nigeria
Where to swap cars in Nigeria
With the world being a global village, thanks to internet technology, there is always a large market for anything you want to sell, and Nigeria is not left out. There are a lot of online platforms where you can swap your cars. Of course, these online platforms have physical locations where you could visit if you want. Some of these platforms include
They are quickly becoming one of the most prominent platforms to buy, sell and swap cars.
- Address: Block 28, Plot 11A, Wole Ariyo Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
- Phone: +234 818 984 016; +234 813 984 0160
- Website: cars45.com
They have a lot of customers that actually bear good news about them.
- Address: No. 16 Oyemekun Street off College Road, Ogba, Lagos,
- Phone: 2348166532266
- Website: https://oloworayautos.com
Just Auto Home
They pride themselves on being able to import cars from the US and UK. You can even make a request to import a car you want to swap.
- Address: 34, Kodesoh Street, off Mobolaji Bank, Anthony way, Omole Phase 1, Ikeja, Lagos
- Phone: +2348033720954, +2348088082048
- Website: justautohome.com
You can also swap your car with ease on this platform. You can either upgrade or downgrade your car on the platform as well.
- Address: No 17, Akinsanya Street, Beside FRSC Building, Ojodu, 100001, Lagos.
- Phone: +2347031555235
- Website: carswap.ng
Keep returning to this blog to get more relevant information on cars. You can also buy and sell cars at affordable prices here.
Save Money Buying Any Car, Use Free Car Price Checker NOW
Car Price Checker
I need to sell or swap my car
How can I swap my old car with a new one.
I want an eight seaters tokunbo car. Not too expensive but effective and will serve me and my family a long time.
I need to swap my Siena Toyota automatic 1999 model
I need a swap for my Toyota Corolla
I urgently need to swap my car for anoda car tanx
Hi I want to swap my Corolla 2005model
i need to swap my Camry to corola
I need to swap my honda odyssey 2007 to matrix car
I want to swap my Lexus 330 to 206 corollar