Igbo Sanomi is a successful Nigerian entrepreneur par excellence. He is a multi-talented man with business interests spread across various sectors including telecommunications, shipping, aviation and real estate investments. A versatile young man, Igho Sanomi is a businessman, geologist, motivational speaker and philanthropist whose business interest cuts across telecommunications, shipping, aviation and real estate investments.
Table of Contents
Igho Sanomi Profile
|Date of birth||17th of May 1975|
|Occupation||Businessman, geologist, motivational speaker and philanthropist|
|Net worth||$1 billion|
Igho Sanomi Background
Igho Charles Sanomi is a native of Aghor, Delta State, Nigeria. Born on the 17th of May 1975 to Dickens Ogheneruemu Patrick Sanomi and Mabel Iyabo Sanomi, he is the fifth child and first son of the family.
Igho Sanomi grew up in a devout Catholic background with his parents. His father was a retired Assistant Inspector General of the Nigerian Police Force (AIG). His mother worked as a nurse and is the yeye jemo (tribal chief) of the Isotun Ijesha kingdom in Osun State.
After the successful completion of his primary and secondary school education, Igho Sanomi went to the University of Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria where he graduated with a Bsc. in geology and mining.
Igho Sanomi Career
Igho Sanomi began his career with a great start. Immediately after his graduation, he resumed office as the co-founder and Executive Director of Sarian Oil, an oil company with its core operations in West Africa. His tenure as Executive Director was marked by notable progress in the organization.
He was able to make trading operations more efficient by expertly negotiating for export and delivery of fuel oil from West Africa to the United States Gulf Coast. Igbo Sanomi was also able to successfully secure a partnership with an international oil trading group in Zug, Switzerland, which resulted in the import and export of refined petroleum in and out of West Africa.
Igho Sanomi – Taleveras Group
Igho Sanomi is the founder and CEO of Taleveras Group, a company which he began in 2004 to integrate his business interests and contribute to making Nigeria one of the leading economies in the world. Taleveras Group has now become one of the leading energy companies in Nigeria with operations in the upstream, midstream, downstream and power sectors of the energy industry in Nigeria.
Taleveras Group is one of the Nigerian companies that received oil-lifting contracts in the federal government’s bid, through the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Annually, the company trades in volumes of Crude oil, Gasoline, Jet fuels, LPG, Gasoil and Petrochemicals which are sold in millions.
On the 30th of July 2013, Taleveras Group led by Igho Sanomi acquired Afam Power and then partnered with Alstom Group to rebuild and expand the 900 megawatt generating plant.
Igho Sanomi Philanthropy
In 2011, Igho Sanomi together with his siblings founded the Dickens Sanomi Foundation. The Non-governmental organization started in honour of the life of their late father, Dickens Oghenereumu Patrick Sanomi who always desired to alleviate social-economic hardship across Nigeria.
The Foundation is chiefly sponsored by the Taleveras Group and the Midel Group. Major activities of the Foundation include promoting access of youths and children to education; mentoring access to youths and entrepreneurs, and empowering people from underserved backgrounds with the right knowledge and skills they need to thrive.
Some other philanthropic activities of Igho Sanomi includes;
- Through the Dickens Sanomi Foundation, he organizes an annual Essay Competition for secondary schools in Nigeria whereby the winner gets a scholarship and the school receives grants to buy computers, laboratory equipment, etc.
- Organizing creative writing workshops for young, talented writers to hone their craft.
- The Dickens Sanomi Foundation was able to help 12300 flood victims from Bayelsa and Delta State, Nigeria and provided them with relief items.
- Lifeline care association, an organization committed to securing human life and national development is sponsored by the Taleveras group.
- In 2010, Igho Sanomi gave the Delta State Sports Commissioner, Amaju Pinnick, $10million to show his support towards the first Africa Youth Athletics Championships in Warri.
Igho Sanomi Honors And Awards
- Honorary chair of the Martin Luther King, Jr. International Salute Committee, succeeding the late Ade Adefuye.
- Honorary citizenship in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Lifeline Care Association awarded the Taleveras Group with a Certificate of Merit for Humanitarianism in 2006.
- Male Entrepreneur of the Year at the Federal Capital Territory Business Excellence Awards, by the Abuja Enterprise Agency (AEA), Department of International Development (DFID) and the Federal Capital Territory Administration in 2007.
- Forbes Magazine acknowledged him as “One of the new generation of young professionals in Nigeria who are establishing themselves as young leaders of the private sector business community” in 2007.
- Mode Men Magazine named him “Young Entrepreneur of the Year” in 2008.
- Global Initiative for Peace, Love, and Care (GIPLC) gave him an “Award of Excellence” in 2010.
- Mode Men Magazine named him as the “Young Humanitarian of the Year” in 2012.
- Nigeria Advancement Awards honored him as the “Oil and Gas Man of the Year” in 2013.
- M.C. Ebo Award for Leadership and Service in 2014.
- Lifetime GIPLC Eguono Award in 2014.
- Africa’s Emerging Community Development Icon Award in 2014.
- Martin Luther King Legacy Award for Service and Philanthropy in 2015.
- Appointed to the West Africa Book Development Fund Advisory Board in 2015.
- “Worthy Ambassador Award” from the University of Jos Alumni Association
Igho Sanomi Net Worth
His net worth is estimated at $1 billion.
Igho Sanomi Cars
Despite his massive net worth, Igho Sanomi rarely flaunts his cars on his online pages. However, with such net worth, he can afford to own:
- Lexus LX 570
Lexus is characterized by producing quality cars built for the best performance and comfort. With a 5.7-liter V8 that generates 403 lb-ft of torque, Lexus LX 570 is one of the toughest models of the Lexus car brand. The car costs approximately N65 – 80million.
- Toyota Prado
The Land Cruiser range includes a full-size four-wheel-drive vehicle and it goes for a starting price of ₦32 million.
In 2019, Igbo Sanomi forfeited his private jet Suisse Group AG in servicing his $3 million debt.
Igho Sanomi Houses
The wealthy billionaire has houses both in Nigeria and abroad. In 2019, Igbo Sanoni was involved in a court case which resulted in a freezing order of his apartments in Chelsea, west London, and Belgravia. This was done in order to service his $3 million debt to Suisse Group AG.
Save Money Buying Any Car, Use Free Car Price Checker NOW
Car Price Checker
For article removal please email [email protected], for inclusion please email [email protected], You got tips for us email [email protected]