2022 Toyota Corolla for sale – The 2022 Toyota Corolla is amongst the 12th generation of the Toyota Car models which means the automobile company has been doing well over the years.
For decades now, Corolla has been a compact car that has shown good value because of its good fuel economy and reputation for being reliable The 2022 model still keeps on with the tradition of the Corolla’s core values and only changes the styling to a flashier one and a more premium-feeling interior than the former year line-ups.
The 2021 model met the introduction of a new trim which is the Apex trim which added a few performance enhancements and cosmetic features. 2022 has no major change. Although, Corolla will surely be considered when purchasing a new car its other rivals such as Honda Civic, Mazda 3 and Kia Forte may also be considered.
2022 Toyota Corolla Trims And Standard Features
The 2022 Corolla comes in five trim levels which are the L, LE, XLE, SE and XSE along with special trim levels such as the SE Nightshade Edition and the Apex Edition. The L trim has features that include;
- Two USB ports.
- Driver information display.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration.
- Cloth seats.
- 139-horsepower 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine.
- Continuously variable automatic transmission.
- LED headlights.
- 15-inch steel wheels.
- 7-inch touchscreen.
The XLE standard features include;
- Upgraded driver information display.
- Heated front seats.
- Power adjustable driver’s seat.
- Simulated leather upholstery.
- 16-inch alloy wheels.
- Upgraded LED headlights and accent lighting.
- Proximity keyless entry with push-button start.
- Blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert.
The SE has features of the LE but with a sportier look because of features such as;
- Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
- 18-inch alloy wheels.
- Sport front seats.
- Sportier exterior trim accents.
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 169 horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque.
- Normal and Sport driving modes.
- Dynamic shift continuously variable transmission.
- Available six-speed manual transmission.
The SE Nightshade has most of SE’s features but includes;
- Unique 18-inch black-painted alloy wheels.
- Blackout exterior trim.
The XSE combines both the SE and XLE features while the APEX Edition features sportier handling and styling than the SE and XSE trims features in addition to;
- Optional summer performance tires.
- Lower ride height.
- Black and bronze exterior trim.
- Upgraded suspension components.
2022 Toyota Corolla Interior
2022 Corolla’s interior is usually simple and easy to use. The controls are in the proper places and are logically grouped. The number of buttons is really okay with just enough that is useful but not too much that it becomes confusing. Getting in and out is easy. There is enough space in the front seats and the driver has clear sight of the front and rear. Seating for the rear passengers is quite tight, especially the headroom. Adults or taller passengers may find it difficult to sit comfortably in the car or move in and out of the car. The Honda Civic is much better in that aspect.
2022 Toyota Corolla Fuel Efficiency
The estimated fuel economy of the 2022 Toyota Corolla XSE that has the 2.0-litre engine is 34 mpg combined for city-run and highway-run driving. That is strong compared to other Corolla models. The less powerful engine which is the 1.8-litre engine has a fuel economy estimate of 33 mpg combined.
2022 Toyota Corolla Safety Features
The standard safety features of the 2022 Toyota Corolla are the same as the 2021 Toyota Corolla. They include;
- Pedestrian detection.
- Pre-collision system.
- Lane departure alert with steering assist.
- Automatic high-beams.
- Forward collision mitigation.
- Lane-keeping assist.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- Lane tracing assist.
- Road sign assist.
2022 Toyota Corolla Buying Guide In Nigeria
The following is the buying guide for the 2022 Toyota Corolla;
- Cost: The Toyota Corolla is not too costly. This means that it is affordable to an extent, depending on the trim level you want to purchase. If you cannot afford the most expensive trim, it would be advisable to go for the base trim.
- Trim Type: All trim types come with their specifications. Therefore, it is important to get to know them and know the one that would be suitable for daily use. The Toyota Corolla SE trim is best recommended but for a modest price version, the L and LE trim levels are not bad because they have more powerful engines, a longer list of standard features and greater flexibility for adding packages. So you have to pick the best choice based on needs before purchasing any Toyota Corolla model.
- Interior Space: The rear seats of the 2022 Toyota Corolla are quite cramped. If you have larger families or taller adults, the vehicle may not be the best choice.
2022 Toyota Corolla Price In Nigeria
The price of a 2022 Toyota Corolla in Nigeria will range from ₦24,000,000 to ₦32,000,000, Buying abroad will be cheaper but after custom duties and other duties you will pay at the clearing point, we believe the price will go up, below table are the prices from manufacturer suggested retail price.
|Trims||Price in naira||Price in dollar|
|2022 Toyota Corolla L||₦10,725,000||$21,450|
|2022 Toyota Corolla LE||₦10,9500,00||$21,900|
|2022 Toyota Corolla SE||₦11,095,000||$22,190|
|2022 Toyota Corolla Nightshade||₦12,095,000||$24,190|
|2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid LE||₦12,537,500||$25,075|
|2022 Toyota Corolla XSE||₦12,570,000||$25,140|
|2022 Toyota Corolla XLE||₦12,9250,00||$25,850|
|2022 Toyota Corolla APEX SE||₦13,297,500||$26,595|
Price of 2022 Toyota Corolla in Nigeria dealers showroom
We expect much difference in the purchase price of the 2022 Toyota Corolla in the Nigeria showroom considering the increased customs duties, and clearing costs we believe the 2022 Toyota Corolla will begin at a starting price of ₦24,000,000 to ₦32,000,000, the price might go higher on the showroom and location within Nigeria.
- 2021 Toyota Camry Vs 2021 Toyota Corolla – Carmart Comparison
- 2021 Toyota Corolla Price, Reviews, Interior, Spec
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Price, Review, Interior, Trims in Nigeria
Cargo Space and Interior Room
|Transmission||Continuously variable-speed automatic|
|Drive Type||Front-wheel drive|
|Basic Warranty||3 yr./ 36,000 mi.|
|Price in Nigeria||18 million to 22 million naira|
- 2022 Toyota Corolla sedan: 13.1 cubic feet
- 2022 Toyota Corolla hybrid: 13.1 cubic feet
- 2022 Toyota Corolla hatchback: 17.8 cubic feet
- 2022 Honda Civic sedan: 14.8 cubic feet
Legroom (first/second rows):
- 2022 Toyota Corolla sedan: 42.0/34.8 inches
- 2022 Toyota Corolla hybrid: 42.0/34.8 inches
- 2022 Toyota Corolla hatchback: 42.0/29.9 inches
- 2022 Honda Civic sedan: 42.3/37.4 inches
What’s New for The 2022 Toyota Corolla
- Ruby Flare Pearl replaces Barcelona Red Metallic paint on Corolla sedan
- Windchill Pearl replaces Blizzard Pearl paint on Corolla sedan
- Finish Line Red replaces Supersonic Red paint on Corolla hatchback
- USB ports change from Type A to Type C on Corolla hatchback
- Special Edition package discontinued on Corolla hatchback
- Premium Interior Package for Corolla Hybrid includes SofTex faux leather seats, heated front seats, a leather-trimmed steering wheel, and a power driver seat with lumbar support
Save Money Buying Any Car, Use Free Car Price Checker NOW
Car Price Checker
I need 2022 Corolla Toyota XSE. To purchase. Kindly connect with me on +2348066107014