The Kia Carnival has such a dramatic look, even starting from its given name. The 2022 Kia Carnival replaces the Sedona model of Kia’s line-up and the boxy SUV styling is not by accident because the Korean automaker aims to capitalize on the success of its critically-acclaimed and hot-selling Telluride SUV.
Table of Contents
All models of the Kia Carnival are powered by a 290-horsepower 3.5-liter V-6 engine that includes front-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission. A lot of driver assistance features are available as standard including automated emergency braking. The Infotainment tech gets an upgrade with an optional dual-display setup that has digital gauges and a navigation-equipped centre touchscreen.
2022 Kia Carnival Trims
The 2022 Kia Carnival will come in four trim levels which are the value-oriented LX trim, the SX trim, the deluxe SX-Prestige trim and the EX trim. Depending on what seat configuration is chosen, there are either seven or eight-passenger seats.
2022 Kia Carnival Trim Features
The base LX trim has no shortage of standard features and they include:
- LED headlights.
- Proximity entry and push-button start.
- 8-inch touchscreen.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration.
- USB ports.
- Six-speaker stereo.
- 17-inch wheels.
- Power-sliding rear doors.
- Seven-passenger seating with second-row captain’s chairs.
The EX trim boosts the Carnival’s features with:
- 12.3-inch touchscreen with navigation.
- Eight-speaker stereo.
- Three-zone automatic climate control.
- Wireless smartphone charging station.
- Upgraded forward collision mitigation system.
- 19-inch wheels.
- Hands-free power tailgate.
The SX trim provides more convenience and tech features, such as:
- LED fog lights.
- Ventilated front seats
- Power-adjustable front passenger seat
- Rear entertainment system
- Power-folding side mirrors
- 19-inch black-painted wheels
- Roof rails
The SX Prestige trim has a full slate of tech and comfort features which include the following:
- LED interior lighting.
- Leather upholstery.
- Second-row reclining lounge-style captain’s chairs with heating and ventilation.
- Dual sunroofs.
- 12.3-inch driver information display.
- 12-speaker premium stereo system.
- Heated steering wheel.
2022 Engine, Transmission, And Performance
The 2022 Carnival is equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces 290 horsepower. Also included is an eight-speed automatic transmission which is standard. All-wheel-drive, unfortunately, is not part of its features as the Carnival will be offered only as a front-wheel-drive model. Kia gave a report that the Carnival can tow up to 3500 pounds. During its performance testing, the Carnival had a well-balanced ride and smooth handling. It delivered a smooth ride when driving and felt composed in every corner. The refined V6 engine provides quick acceleration and made the vehicle run from 0 mph to 60 mph in just 7.0 seconds.
2022 Fuel Economy And Real-World Mpg
The fuel economy rating if the 2022 Kia Carnival is 19 mpg city run and 26 mpg highway run with 22 mpg combined which are a bit better than the 2021 Sedona’s fuel ratings.
2022 Kia Carnival Interior Features, Comfort, And Cargo
The Kia Carnival’s dashboard front seat area is made to be modern and accommodating than the outgoing Sedona’s interior. A large centre console and an optional Mercedes-Benz dual-screen infotainment system with a digital gauge display have notable design changes.
The higher SX-Prestige trim comes with leather upholstery and reclining second-row seats with footrests that can pop up. A panoramic sunroof is made optional and provides a large opening over the second row so that passengers can get some fresh air if need be. Kia says that interior room space has been improved on the new Kia Carnival. Both the van’s wheelbase and overall length have been stretched to provide more room for passengers and cargoes.
2022 Kia Carnival Technology Features
The technology features of the 2022 Kia Carnival are a step ahead of previous models. It includes;
- A standard single 8.0-inch infotainment screen.
- Dual 12.3-inch displays that stretch across two-thirds of van’s dashboard.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- A rear-seat entertainment system.
- 12-speaker Bose stereo that is limited to the top-spec SX-Prestige trim.
- Nine USB ports.
2022 Kia Carnival Safety Features
Kia is offering more safety features in the Carnival model. They include;
- Driver assistance features.
- Lane-keeping assist.
- Automatic high-beam.
- Blind-soot monitoring.
- Automated emergency braking with pedestrian detection.
- Lane departure warning.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- Rear cabin intercom.
- Rear camera monitoring system.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- Surround-view monitor.
- Parking collision avoidance assist.
2022 Kia Carnival Buying Guide In Nigeria
Before purchasing the 2022 Kia Carnival, there are things you need to take note of or do beforehand which are;
- Budget: This cannot be overemphasized enough. You cannot just walk to a store to buy something without first budgeting. Plan out the amount you can spare to get a new 2022 Kia Carnival then you can go ahead to get it and own it.
- Warranty: Kia offers the 2022 Carnival different types of warranty which are the limited warranty covering five years or 60,000 miles; powertrain warranty covers 10 years or 100,000 miles and no complimentary scheduled maintenance. It is important to know the warranty of any car before purchasing it.
- Buy From Trustworthy Car Dealers: To avoid being scammed, it is important to buy your new 2022 Kia Carnival from reliable car dealers.
2022 Kia Carnival Expected Price In Nigeria
The 2022 Kia Carnival starts at ₦15.6 million including its 552,250 destination charge, for other models please check the table below
|Model||Price in naira|
|2022 Kia Carnival LX||₦15.6 million|
|2022 Kia Carnival LXS||₦16.5 million|
|2022 Kia Carnival EX||₦18.2 million|
|2022 Kia Carnival SX||₦19.8 million|
|2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige||₦22.2 million|
Save Money Buying Any Car, Use Free Car Price Checker NOW
Car Price Checker
For article removal please email [email protected], for inclusion please email [email protected], You got tips for us email [email protected]