The 2016 Lexus RX 350 is amongst the most used luxury mid-size SUVs because of its low cost of ownership, comfort, and performance. The 2016 model of the Lexus RX 350 was completely redesigned. It has an extremely large grille. The wheelbase and overall length were increased to create more room for the interior.
Get Car daily gist, Car pricing story, Celebrity Car update on Your WhatsApp Join Now
2016 Lexus RX 350 Trims
The 2016 Lexus RX 350 comes in five passenger seats and it is available in two trims which are the regular base trim and the F-Sport trim.
2016 Lexus Rx 350 Standard Features
The standard features of the regular base trim of the 2016 Lexus RX 350 include;
PLEASE Follow us on Instagram > Follow Now
- Dual-zone automatic climate control.
- Keyless ignition and entry.
- Rear privacy glass.
- Eight-way power front seats that includes two-power lumbar adjustments.
- A power tilt and telescoping leather wrapped steering wheels.
- Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity.
- Two USB ports.
- Media player interface.
- Automatic LED headlights.
- LED fog lights and running lights.
- A 40/20/40-split rear seat which reclines, slides and folds.
- Satellite and HD radio.
The standard features available on the F-Sport include;
- 20-inch wheels.
- Additional drive mode settings.
- Sportier exterior styling.
- An engine noise enhancer.
- Ventilated sport seats.
- Leather upholstery.
- Adaptive suspension dampers.
- Transmission paddle shifters.
- Special interior trim.
- Special gauges.
Other optional features of the 2016 Lexus RX 350 include;
- A colour head-up display.
- Upgraded LED headlights that have 18 individual LED accent lights.
- A heated steering wheel.
- 15-speaker Mark Levinson sound system.
- Front and rear parking sensors.
- Hands-free power lift gate.
2016 Lexus Rx 350 Performance
The 2016 Lexus RX 350 is equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces 295 horsepower and 267 pound-feet of torque. Also included are an eight-speed automatic transmission and a front-wheel-drive system which are standard on this model. There is an optional all-wheel-drive system included on the F-Sport trim model.
During its performance testing, the 2016 Lexus RX 350 ran from 0 mph to 60 mph in 7.4 seconds which is slightly above average for a luxury crossover. The vehicle can tow up to 3,500 pounds when equipped properly to the maximum towing capacity. The estimated fuel capacity is 23 mpg combined with 20 mpg city run and 28 mpg highway run when equipped with front-wheel drive. The fuel economy is 22 mpg combined with 19 mpg city run and 26 mpg highway run when equipped with the all-wheel drive.
The power distributed in the Lexus RX 350 is not so enough and the acceleration is nothing compared to other competitors. Even though the 2016 RX 350 model is better than previous models in terms of interior space and it is supremely quiet. The 2016 RX 350 F-Sport trim did not get much change. The engine noise can be felt in the cabin which is a turn-off but every other thing has been improved. The steering is smoother and is still the same even when it is switched to one of the two sport modes. The 2016 RX 350 model is now more composed and controlled when in drive mode.
2016 Lexus Rx 350 Safety Features
The key safety features of the 2016 Lexus RX 350 include;
- A rear view camera.
- Full-length side curtain airbags.
- Traction and stability control.
- Antilock brakes.
- Front and rear side airbags.
- Front knee airbags.
- Blind spot warning system.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- Frontal collision warning.
- Lane departure warning.
- Lane departure intervention.
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect.
- Automatic collision notification.
- Emergency assist button.
2016 Lexus Rx 350 Interior
The interior of the 2016 Lexus RX 350 has been enlarged and there is now plenty of headroom in the cabin. The sliding and reclining backseat is wider and more comfortable. There is also enough legroom for passengers that are really tall. The cargo space is not so much which means that really big items may not fit into it. The 40/20/40 split rear seatback does not fold completely flat. The cargo capacity is 18.4 cubic feet behind the second row and can reach up to 56.3 cubic feet when the seats are folded. A major downside is the Remote Touch electronics interface which takes a lot of time to operate because it needs concentration and skills.
2016 Lexus Rx 350 Price In Nigeria
|2016 Lexus Rx 350 Base||₦ 20 Million|
|2016 Lexus Rx 350 F-Sport AWD||₦23 Million|
|Nigerian Used 2016 Lexus Rx 350||₦13.6 Million|
2016 Lexus Rx 350 Buying Guide In Nigeria
The following is the buying guide for the 2016 Lexus RX 350. They include;
- Fuel Efficiency: Lexus models generally consume fuel a lot. In a country such as Nigeria where fuel price keeps increasing, the cost may be a problem to the owners of the Lexus RX 350. Therefore, if you feel you may not be able to keep up with fuel costs, the Lexus RX 350 may not be the best option.
- Budget: Before planning on how you would purchase the 2016 RX 350, first make a budget of the trim you want to get. This would help you know if it is affordable.
BUY AND SELL CARS NOW FOR FREE - visit www.carmart.ng Get started
Follow us on Instagram @CarmartNigeria