The Toyota Corolla is not only one of Nigeria’s best-selling compact sedans, it’s been one of the best-selling passenger cars of any size for the past 5 years straight, and for 7 of the last 10 years. Corolla sales topped 2million in 2016. One in five Toyotas sold in Nigeria is a Corolla.
Table of Contents
Clearly, the Corolla appeals to a large and broad audience. Toyota claims the Corolla is one of the safest, quietest, most fuel-efficient car in its class, and we have no reason whatsoever to doubt those claims.
Corolla is a really attractive car, with clean sides, nice curves and edges. Some have described it as a baby Camry or a baby Lexus, the latter particularly true with a Corolla LE equipped with the optional leather interior. Benefitting from the latest impact energy management engineering, it’s built on a rigid chassis using a lot of high-strength steel and ultra-high-strength steel.
The interior is nice and elegant, the dashboard neat and stylish, the instrument panel pretty and functional. Storage spaces are well-thought-out, and a 60/40 split rear seat is standard. Getting in and out of this four-door sedan is easy and the back seat is surprisingly roomy and comfortable.
2004 Toyota Corolla Trim
Toyota Corolla comes in one body style, a four-door sedan (not counting the Matrix, which is reviewed separately). All Corollas come with a 1.8-liter four-cylinder 16-valve engine and a choice of a manual or automatic transmission Three trim levels are available: the base CE, the S, and the luxurious LE.
- CE comes standard with air conditioning (with an air filter), AM/FM/CD stereo system, power steering, tilt steering column, tachometer, intermittent wipers, digital clock, outside temperature gauge, trunk lamp, and a dome light with delay.
- S features sporty styling cues such as smoked headlight lens extenders, integrated fog lamps, and an aerodynamic body package with color-keyed front and rear underbody spoilers, rocker panel extensions, and rear mud guards. It also gets wider 195/65R15 tires. Inside, the S gets a unique cloth interior, a sporty tachometer, chrome accents, and a nice leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. The S model gets a vertical seat-height, power door locks, power mirrors, and mirror-mounted map lights. Power windows with keyless entry are available as an optional package.
- LE adds remote keyless entry, power windows, halogen headlamps, and variable intermittent wipers. The LE gets body-colored door handles, lacks the sporty body cladding of the S and looks the better for it. In place of the S model’s sporty interior finish, the LE gets wood-like trim and upgraded cloth seating surfaces. An optional leather package ($900) is available for the LE that gives the car a luxurious feel and includes cruise control. Aluminum wheels ($390) are available, which improve the appearance of the LE and may improve its handling slightly.
Options you should be sure to get are the anti-lock brakes with electronic brake-force distribution and side-impact airbags, both of which can save lives and reduce injuries in an accident. Other options include cruise control and a sunroof.
Toyota Corolla 2004 performance
- Fuel tank capacity: 13.2 Gal
- EPA mileage estimates: 32 City / 40 Hwy
- 8.1 (Automatic City)
- 5.8 (Automatic Highway)
- 7.1 (Manual City)
- 5.3 (Manual Highway)
- Base engine size: 1.8 Litres
- Base engine type: I-4
- Horsepower: 130 Hp
- Horsepower rpm: 6,000
- Torque: 125 Lb-Ft.
- Torque rpm: 4,200
- Maximum towing capacity: 1,500 Lbs.
- Drive type: Front-Wheel
- Turning radius: 17.1 ”
Brand New 2004 Toyota Corolla price in Nigeria
Please note that this is for reference only, the actual prices may vary due to car mileage, currency exchange rate, clearing cost and some other factors.
|Corolla 4dr Sdn CE Manual (Natl)||₦5.5 Million – ₦7 million|
|Corolla 4dr Sdn LE Auto (Natl)||₦6.5 Million – ₦8.5 million|
|Corolla 4dr Sdn LE Manual (Natl)||₦6 Million – ₦8 million|
|Corolla 4dr Sdn S Auto (Natl)||₦5.8 Million – ₦8 million|
2004Toyota Corolla price in Nigeria
|Trim||Tokunbo used price||Nigerian used price|
|Toyota Corolla 2004 4dr sedan CE||₦1.5 million – ₦2.5 million||₦1.1 million – ₦1.7 million|
|Toyota Corolla 2004 4dr sedan S||₦1.6 million – ₦2.4 million||₦1 million – ₦1.7 million|
|Toyota Corolla 2004 4dr sedan LE||₦1.4 million – ₦2.2 million||₦1 million – ₦1.6 million|
Should I Buy the 2004 Toyota Corolla?
The 2004 Toyota Corolla is a very good choice for those who prioritize reliability, simple transportation, max fuel efficiency and easy maintenance above other car benefits. The Toyota Corolla keeps its value very well and if one day you want to say goodbye to this car by selling it for some good reasons, finding a buyer is not a problem.
Save Money Buying Any Car, Use Free Car Price Checker NOW
Car Price Checker
For article removal please email [email protected], for inclusion please email [email protected], You got tips for us email [email protected]