This Morning, At least eleven persons traveling for a funeral ceremony have died in a ghastly motor accident in Cross River State, while two people are said to be critically injured
The accident, which involved a white-colored Hiace bus number plates EDA28XA, occurred around 10 a.m on Thursday, September 24, along the Calabar-Ikom Highway in Mbarakom Community, Akamkpa Local Government Area of the State.
According to an eyewitness, The crash was caused by brake failure while the vehicle was at high speed. Another witness, Albert Asuquo, who helped in the rescue operation, said that the injured passengers were taken to the General Hospital in Akamkpa alongside the corpses.
A neighbour of the some of the deceased persons who gave his name as Mr. Effiong, said they were in a chartered bus going to a burial of another neighbour who passed away.
“I know some of them very well, they are my neighbors and we stay in the same yard. Someone in the area died and they were going for the burial. It was a chartered vehicle for the burial. May their souls rest in peace.” He said.
Obtained By NAIJACOVER
- Akwa Ibom Rejects 10 vehicles donated by ExxonMobil
- No Single Ventilator, But Nasarawa Buys N500m Cars For Lawmakers
- Imo state Judges receive Prado Jeep From Hope Uzodimma
- What to Do if You are involved in a Car Accident
- Imo Gov. Purchase Innoson Vehicles For ‘Operation Search And Flush’ In Imo
- What To Do When You’re Involved In a Road Accident
- Gov. Obiano Gifts Innoson Ikenga Jeeps To All Traditional Rulers In Anambra
- 5 Tips That Will Save You Money at the Auto Shop
- Top 10 Cars Every Young Nigerian should Buy – See Reason
- Amazon to acquire self-driving Automaker Zoox for over ₦465 Billion
Save Money Buying Any Car, Use Free Car Price Checker NOW
Car Price Checker
For article removal please email [email protected], for inclusion please email [email protected], You got tips for us email [email protected]