The Lexus GX series are full-sized luxury SUVs that are sold and popularly used by many people in the world. The Lexus GX is based on the platform the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado is based on. The GX460 started production in 2009.
Table of Contents
The 2011 Lexus GX 460 is a capable off-road performer that has a top-notch interior with plenty of standards, safety, and tech features. It carries on as a body-on-frame SUV and drives more like a truck than a car-based crossover. It manages to impress with its refined, respectable handling and smooth ride.
2011 Lexus GX 460 Standard Features
The 2011 Lexus GX 460 comes in two trims which are the base and Premium trim levels. The base trim standard features include;
- Bluetooth audio and phone connectivity.
- A sunroof.
- Eight-way power adjustable heated or ventilated front seats.
- Leather upholstery.
- Rain sensing wipers.
- A nine-speaker audio system with six-CD changer.
- 18-inch alloy wheels.
- A leather wrapped tilt and telescoping steering wheel.
- Heated side mirrors.
- Driver memory settings.
- Satellite radio.
- iPod connectivity and an auxiliary audio jack.
- Dual zone automatic climate control.
- Back-up camera.
- Keyless ignition.
- Universal remote transmitter for garage doors, security system etc.
- Retained power accessory.
- Overhead console with storage.
- Electrochromatic inside rear view mirrors.
- Leather trim on shift knob.
- Interior air filtration.
The Premium trim standard features include;
- Auto-dimming side view mirrors.
- A heated wood trimmed steering wheels.
- Adaptive variable suspension with rear adjustable height control.
- Heated second-row seats.
- Rear-air conditioning.
- Adaptive xenon headlights.
- Additional chrome trim.
Additional options for both trims include;
- Wide-front and side view mirrors.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- 17-speaker Mark Levinson surround audio sound-system.
- Front and rear parking sensors.
- Power-folding exterior mirrors.
The Premium trim’s adaptive variable suspension and rear adjustable height control are the features that enhance the versatility and convenience of the driver by allowing the driver to select a stiffer or softer suspension tuning for various road conditions.
2011 Lexus GX 460 Engine Performance
The 2011 Lexus GX 460 is equipped with a 4.6-liter V8 engine that produces 301 horsepower and 329 pound-feet of torque. Also included in the model is a six-speed shiftable automatic transmission that powers all four wheels by a dual-range transfer case. During its performance testing, it went from 0 mph to 60 mph in 7.9 seconds which is a bit slow for a V8-equipped luxury SUV. The model is a gas-operated vehicle and it has 32 valves.
2011 Lexus GX 460 Fuel Rating
Its fuel efficiency is estimated to be 17 mpg combined with 15 mpg city run and 20 mpg highway run. It can run for 345 miles in the city and 460 miles on the highway. The fuel tank capacity is 23 gallons and the fuel type is premium unleaded.
2011 Lexus GX 460 Safety
The safety features of the 2011 Lexus GX include;
- Traction control.
- Rear door child safety locks.
- Passenger head restraint whiplash protection system.
- Turn signal mirros.
- Two front and three rear headrests.
- Child seat anchors.
- Dusk sensing lamps.
- Electronic brake force distribution.
- Stability control.
- A collision mitigation system.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags.
- Engine immobilizer.
- Post-collision safety system.
- Daytime running lights.
- 4-wheel ABS.
- Antilock brakes.
- Hill descent control.
2011 Lexus GX 460 Interior
The 2011 Lexus GX 460 has an upscale and assembled interior. It can seat seven passengers. The long list of features translates into a busy-looking panel but even though, the controls are easy to use because of their intuitive placement. The gauges and optional navigation system can be easily read. The 60/40 split-folding rear seats and power-folding third row seats help with convenience when driving or doing daily suburban activities. Although, the second row seats are hard, uncomfortable, and flat. The cargo space and both the rear rows are lowered to create a useful 92 cubic feet of space.
The 2011 Lexus GX 460 has a swinging rear cargo door that is hinged at the passenger seats, instead of the regular liftgate. The design complicates the curb side but a flip-up rear window allows the car to stow smaller and lighter packages.
The base trim is well equipped with interior features such as dual-zone automatic climate control, 10-way power-adjustable front seats, heated front seats, and XM satellite. The Premium trim is well equipped with features such as three-zone automatic climate control, power-folding outside mirrors, perforated leather-trimmed interior, heated steering wheel, and heated middle row outboard seats.
Its interior colours include Black with perforated leather seat trim or semi-Aniline leather seat trim (Black), Sepia with perforated leather seat trim or semi-Aniline leather seat trim (Beige), and Ecru with perforated leather seat trim or semi-Aniline leather seat trim (Beige).
2011 Lexus GX 460 Price in Nigeria
|Brand New 2011 Lexus GX 460||N12.5 Million|
|Nigerian used 2011 Lexus GX 460||N8.7 Million|
|Foreign used 2011 Lexus GX 460||N9.9 Million|
PLEASE Follow us on Instagram> Follow us Here @carmartNigeria